If you’re going to have kids at the wedding, the number one thing to remember is to just RELAX, and understand well, ummm there are going to be kids at the wedding. Most parents will be diligent about keeping their little tikes in line. You certainly don’t have to provide a daycare or anything for that matter, but I presume if you’re reading this article, you’re probably the kind of gal that wants to figure out some ideas to entertain your little guests.
Below is a list of unique wedding ideas to keep all your little kids entertained at your wedding, so you can enjoy the day with very little interruption.
1. Have a Kid attendant, or several for that matter. This is a perfect job for the teenagers, that would love to be part of your wedding. A lot of teenagers babysit anyway, so they will be used to keeping them occupied. Having a couple, rotating in shifts, will make sure they can also get involved in the more grown up activities.
2. Have a special play room monitored by the Kid attendant. Don’t have a play room area? Then create a special corner for kid activities. One idea, that I think makes this work even better, is to have a couple corners with separate age divisions, with age appropriate activities.
3. “Professional Kid Photographers” – Have groups of kids separated and with Group Leaders, that help them take pictures to capture the wedding day from their viewpoint. Later take these photos and make a special “Wedding from the Kid’s View” scrapbook.
4. Bubbles – Utilize your Kids attendants to have a special bubble line. This could be a special dance or entrance that the kids provide the bubbles. The Kids attendants will have their group of kids to help stay organized.
5. Have a little larger budget for kid activities? Hire a clown or entertainer that keeps the little ones preoccupied in their activity room. Have movies playing, music, and crafts. This also lets mom and dad enjoy the wedding, while the entertainer and the Kids attendants enjoy their own day of fun.
6. I’ll throw this obvious one in here, but have a craft table. This seems to be one that a lot of people gravitate towards. Just keep in mind the activities should be non-mess as possible. Now back to the more unique ideas.
7. And my personal favorite. Have your wedding at a ZOO. The photo opportunities are amazing, and nothing says fun, for the kid in all of us, than a Zoo.
Kids can keep things interesting for sure, and there may be an outburst or two, but you can also count on them providing a tearful memory and plenty of smiles, as you celebrate your special day. So if you’re going to have kids at your wedding, expect the unexpected, do your best to have some options, and let your designated Kid attendants handle the rest.